We’re looking for a London-based fundraising professional to join us as a Prospect Research Officer and be part of our growing Development Department. In Development, we are responsible for raising funds to enable the wider organisation to deliver on our mission – using the power of the law to protect our planet.
The Development department is formed of several fundraising strands including grants, business development, digital fundraising, and philanthropy teams. In this newly developed role, you will be supporting our work to find and research individual donors, trusts, foundations, and corporate donors to build an active pipeline of global supporters.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are keen to further develop your desk-based research skills and a career in fundraising – all while supporting positive action towards a sustainable future.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by Sonia Duckett, our Database Manager who is based in London. Sonia joined ClientEarth in January 2020 and has over 10 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector, having worked in a number of database management roles over the years. Her most recent roles include working as the Senior Database Coordinator for Y Care International until 2020 and prior to this was Research and Insights Officer at Teach First where she led on data insight and prospect management provision for the Development Department.
- Identifying prospects by carrying out high quality prospect research using publicly available information
- Promoting collaboration between teams by identifying cross-departmental prospecting opportunities
- Supporting our expansion into new markets by conducting discrete research projects
- Producing prospect profile briefings for colleagues
- Managing regular prospecting meetings with fundraisers
- Maintaining accurate prospect records