As part of the Advocacy & Themes department you will manage the Rainforest Alliance’s engagement with government and civil society Germany. Representing Rainforest Alliance’s corporate interests with key Governmental departments and civil society.
Working with the Public Affairs Lead, Europe and Advocacy Leads you will help steer the influencing strategy within Germany.
Through building networks, influencing policy makers and positioning the Rainforest Alliance you will contribute to supporting our organisational sustainability mission.
- Implement the Rainforest Alliance engagement strategy with the German government;
- Manage Public Affairs Strategy for Germany;
- Coordinate government and civil society engagement in Germany with colleagues across the Advocacy & Markets Transformation team;
- Ensure the Rainforest Alliance’s interests and mission are well positioned in policy making within Germany on key priority issues as defined with Head of Advocacy and Public Affairs Lead, Europe;
- Establish and maintain contact relating to policy networks, building stable and trusted relations with key policy makers, NGOs and corporate public affairs staff;
- Provide regular briefings for senior management on developments in the Germany pertaining to the Rainforest Alliance and our mission;
- Analyse policy developments within the Germany;
- Write policy briefs for relevant stakeholders;
- Represent the Rainforest Alliance in external meetings and events; and
- Other duties as required.