Regional Community Development Specialist is responsible for implementing and achieving SIGAP replication and scale-up by overseeing and representing YKAN in engagements with relevant stakeholders. Serves as the principal contact to donors and other relevant agencies: government, private sector, and community.
This might include one or more of the following functions:
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for community engagements in community-based natural resource management.
- Technical assistance for QA / QC provided to CSOs working in SIGAP replication villages.
- Coordinate cross-site learning events among the conservation communities and the capacity-building program with local NGO partners and/or consultants in developing products produced by the community.
- Supply an environmentally friendly regional planning team with information for location portfolios.
- Develop and implement innovative scientific methods, analysis, tools, and frameworks to meaningfully engage communities and other stakeholders in the development of an environmentally friendly community economy.
- Use various tools to obtain various levels of legal interest in land and implement various strategies to get public and private support for YKAN conservation priorities.
- Develop YKAN strategic goals for jurisdictional and landscape conservation and protection.
- Coordinate support in community initiatives to take part in forest conservation, climate change mitigation, livelihood development, etc.
- Connect community institutions with government, village, sub-district and district levels, private companies, NGOs, etc.
- Carry out support for the implementation of community-based forest management plans.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and workshops at the community level.
- Collect, document, and analyze various types of data and information related to the development of environmentally friendly livelihoods.
- Coordinate technical and logistical supports during fieldwork and field trips, etc.