Under the supervision and direction of the Regional Director, the Regional Program Manager will assist in developing and overseeing all facets of ICLEI SEAS’ work, while contributing substantially to the organizations’ overall advocacies, programs, project and activities. The Regional Program Manager is expected to lead and oversee the major projects and activities of the Secretariat in close coordination with the Regional Director and different project teams.
Project Implementation and Management
- Develop, strategize, implement and oversee implementation of activities under the climate change portfolio in cooperation with relevant Project Officers (including those based in the Secretariat, country, and project offices) to ensure that milestones are reached in timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical advice and strategic guidance in the design and delivery of project activities. These include but are not limited to the following thematic areas: local climate action planning, vulnerability assessment, GHG emissions inventory, energy efficiency and conservation, renewable energy, stakeholder engagement, multi-level governance and other related areas.
- identify and maximize opportunities in the implementation of different projects, in cooperation with the Regional Director and project teams.
- Manage program/s and project teams, coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives and identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Master’s degree on Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Climate Change and Sustainability Management or other related courses;
- Minimum of five years experience in development work, experience working in an international organization in the field of climate change work is an advantage;
- Must have strong management skills including ability to provide strategic guidance, technical oversight, mentor team members, project monitoring, and administrative and financial management, among others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with professional experience in networking with various project partners (national and local governments, private sectors, international and local NGOs)