The Science Fellow gathers and synthesizes data for priority research and monitoring projects. They assist with leading working groups of scientists and practitioners around conservation science needs and/or developing and implementing conservation plans. They conduct scientific surveys, record data and write project reports to help coordinate science needs in support of conservation programs within the chapter.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Performs and coordinate fieldwork, including ecosystem assessment and vegetation monitoring.
- Compiles and analyze data, resolve disparities, and modify processes to generate plans and reports.
- May work with small group of staff, interns, partners or volunteers on a project basis.
- May purchase equipment and supplies as provided for in budget.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, in hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Assist with proposal writing, report writing, and partnership development for current and emerging science priorities.