The Science Specialist gathers and synthesizes data in order to support conservation activities and implementation plans. S/he creates conservation plans to identify priorities. S/he conducts surveys, records data and writes project reports. S/he collects and compiles necessary information, and manages the institutional knowledge database.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Performs fieldwork, including ecosystem assessment and field monitoring.
- Process, synthesize and analyze conservation data to produce maps, create plans, conduct evaluation, and compile professional reports.
- May work with small group of staff, interns or volunteers on a project basis.
- May purchase equipment and supplies as provided for in budget.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, in hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.