Sector Leads will be responsible for defining clear sector plans and recommending impactful strategies for the coffee sector toward the goal of sector transformation. As part of this, sector leads will convene cross-functional teams drawn from relevant departments in order to co-create sector plans and facilitate alignment of these plans with individual department plans. The individual will also manage a team of select strategic account managers in coffee and the Market Development Manager, to identify and leverage concrete market opportunities that accelerate farm and forest impact. The Sector Lead will lead markets strategy with global multi-stakeholder platforms in their relevant sectors. The Sector Lead will drive sector strategies on behalf of markets and will work closely with other relevant departments such as Key Markets, Market Innovations, Regions, Advocacy and Themes and beyond.
- Convene cross-functional working groups to build sector plans and recommend strategies to transform the coffee sector.
- Drive opportunities with key global accounts and multi-stakeholder platforms to advance sector plans and work closely with leads in core markets to continue to identify other market-facing opportunities.
- Build and drive the sector strategy for market transformation.
- Position Rainforest Alliance as a thought leader on sustainability in the sector and cultivate change agents within the coffee sector that can spearhead the structural changes needed to build a more sustainable sector.
- Work in close collaboration with key regions and other internal departments to bring the organizational strategy and plans to life in coffee.
- Work in close collaboration with the Key Markets team, to ensure that the coffee strategy is embedded in the accounts management and that the coffee strategy resonates with the objectives of the accounts.
- Work in close collaboration with the Market Innovation team to identify opportunities and needs for tailored programs in key global accounts.
- Work closely with Advocacy and Themes team to facilitate alignment of sector strategies.
- Work closely with designated commodity leads from Regions to drive forward sector plans.
- Facilitate quarterly cross-functional sector working group review meetings
- Oversee global account strategy for large transformative accounts in priority sectors to drive forward sector plans as well as work closely with Key Markets on other key accounts to drive forward sector plans
- Ensure the growth of demand for Rainforest Alliance sustainability offerings in coffee.
- Manage key sector stakeholders and platforms on behalf of the markets team.
- Facilitate quarterly working group meetings cross-organizationally for the sector.