The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Stakeholder Engagement for Latin America is responsible for supporting the Latin-American communication manager, in building awareness of the Rainforest Alliance’s mission and the impacts of its field work among key audiences in Latin America, managing social networks, supporting content creation for social media, and the Latam Spanish section of the website and blog.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Create a digital marketing strategy including Latam’s website section, blog and social media key messages, priority audiences, KPIs for each cannel and ensuring proper monitoring and evaluation, in coordination and aligned with region communications and global corporate communications strategy;
- Develop monthly plans for content publication in Latam’s website section, blog, and social media;
- Follow up and manage social conversations related to our work and impact in the region;
- Monitor and follow up key accounts of mass media or others related to reputational risk management in the region; and
- Support reviewing documents translated to Spanish produced by global communications or other departments.