The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Senior Associate, Finance will be responsible for providing critical financial support to the RESTORE (Resilient Ecosystems and Sustainable Transformation of Rural Economies). The post holder will work closely with the Finance and Administration Unit in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana and with the Finance Manager, Africa and will produce financial reports, monitor expenses and perform financial analysis. The Senior Associate, Finance will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team, and as part of that team will be expected to provide, as well as receive, back up and support to others in the department to achieve critical deadlines. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with administrative and financial requirements in accordance with donor and Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Party of RESTORE
- Lead coordination of budget planning and execution, including creating reports for donors and ensure the organization’s commitment and compliance to donor policies in collaboration with technical units;
- Implementation of internal controls, financial protocols and monitor expenses assuring the correct source of financing;
- Inform possible variations between budgets and when needed, make any necessary modifications;
- Ensure delivery on a timely manner of financial reports to managers, director and donors;
- Support the project finance planning process and annual budgets;
- Provide staff support in areas related to administrative and contracts orientations, and training for program staff to communicate clear financial policies and procedures;
- Supervision of contractual agreements and ensure they are issued using appropriate templates, in accordance with donor requirements when applicable, and according to Rainforest Alliance policies;
- Ensure consultants’ invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements are reviewed for accuracy and proper documentation;
- Process and track payments to consultants and sub-contractors making sure correct source of funding and accounting project codes are used;
- Maintain schedule of consultant and contract payments and all necessary backup documentation;
- Ensure compliance by program staff with established expense approval procedures and ensure correct usage of accounting project codes.
- Financial monitoring of sub grantees and capacity building of partners in financial matters;
- Perform mapping of expenses and preparation of timely financial reports for donors;
- Managing and maintaining data bank of all service providers in the program;
- Support in carrying out prequalification of service providers and collaborate with Administration team in hosting of visitors, and
- Other duties as assigned.