The Senior Associate, Institutional Relations works with institutional donors (governments, foundations and corporations) to generate funding and support for programmes that advance RA’s mission. The role will both be part of the Asia Pacific team and the global Institutional Relations team, and will report to the Asia-Pacific Director .
The selected candidate will be responsible for writing and editing concept documents, proposals and reports, and contributing to RA’s overall fundraising strategy. The Senior Associate will also play a role in proactively identifying new funding sources and securing key donor meetings in Indonesia and other Asia Pacific countries, which is critical to growing and maintaining donor relationships as well as RA’s reputation amongst donors in the region.
The Senior Associate will work closely with RA’s Institutional Relations colleagues across the globe, as well as Program staff – many of whom are field-based – to translate technical information and project ideas into strong and compelling written products (concept notes, proposals) to submit to donors.
- Work closely with colleagues globally to coordinate, write, adapt and edit proposals and concept notes for field projects primarily in Indonesia, as well as other Asian programs;
- Proactively identify new funding resources consistent with the organization’s revenue goals for restricted funding and strategic priorities, in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations;
- Serve as a key point of contact in Asia Pacific, liaising with the Institutional Relations team, and the Program staff in Asia, on a day-to-day basis;
- Coordinate closely with Institutional Relations team, as well as program staff throughout Asian countries, to ensure effective alignment of fundraising strategies with country strategies and successful execution of donor cultivation strategies;
- Conduct research to identify new revenue streams;
- Support development of high quality reports for selected institutional donors, ensuring consistency with Donor requirements;
- Work closely with regional managers, to identify private sector opportunities and follow through on the elaboration of proposals;
- Ensure that fundraising data for Asia Pacific Program is up to date and accurate within database;
- Serve as a point of contact between Rainforest Alliance and key institutional donors in Asia, representing the organization through in-person meetings, phone calls, and written communications to advance funding opportunities;
- Build awareness by representing Rainforest Alliance at relevant conferences and events; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.