Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and engaging Senior Associate, responsible, community development and stakeholder engagement. The focus of this role is to implement models to deliver participatory, inclusive development and guarantee tangible improvements for producers, entrepreneurs, communities and landscape actors through capacity development, social inclusion tools and systems and access to incentives for adoption of project supported production practices. The incumbent will promote effective implementation of the landscape and community projects through application and adaptation of the gender and social inclusion toolkit and various forms of stakeholder engagement. The role is part of the Africa team, and will report to the Chief of Party, with matrix reporting to the project advisory group.
- Lead the community and stakeholder engagement and social inclusion work in a landscape in Côte d’Ivoire, especially in supporting women, youth and children in our community and landscape development, and their inclusion in participatory governance for conserving forest and restoring degraded areas;
- Lead the mapping, growth and management of relationships with key stakeholders from farmers, cooperatives, communities, businesses (including Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs), agricultural and diversified enterprises and labor providers), civil society, government, and international stakeholders (e.g., international buyers) to gain their participation in the landscape project;
- Work with Rainforest Alliance subject matter experts and project managers and in-country experts on local contextualization of tools, and/or develop new tools as needed for the country and sector;
- Work with colleagues to facilitate community participation and mobilization for collective actions towards natural resource governance;
- Collaborate with team members to prepare organizational strengthening and business skills training sessions with participating communities, and contribute to landscape project planning, strategic development and review activities;
- Assist with the development and dissemination of communications content and materials through the Rainforest Alliance and Olam Food Ingredient (ofi) communication team and the RESTORE project stakeholders and team networks; identify and follow up on opportunities for engagements and learning;
- Support project Monitoring & Evaluation reporting and technical delivery requirements and report to the Chief of Party, including the use of the Project Management Platform and other reporting needs of the donor; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.