At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and engaging Senior Associate, responsible for implementing technical assistance related to landscape initiative, sustainable, regenerative and climate smart agriculture production, local relationships with private companies and local stakeholder management in a landscape in Abengourou / Bosmatie in Côte d’Ivoire. The incumbent will lead the implementation of one Rainforest Alliances’ RESTORE (Resilient Ecosystems and Sustainable Transformation of Rural Economies) project by overseeing and supporting local trainers, facilitating key partnerships and representing Rainforest Alliance’s RESTORE and Landscapes and Communities work in the landscape.
The incumbent will primarily focus on the landscapes and communities work, with occasional involvement in other projects and other commodities as opportunities arise. The Snr Associate will work closely with the project team on implementing activities, developing capacity, monitoring progress, and advancing the interests of the project in the landscape. The role is part of the Africa team, and will report to the Chief of Party, with matrix reporting to the project advisory group.
- Lead the technical assistance work in a landscape in Côte d’Ivoire, especially in training trainers and farmers on climate smart, regenerative, and sustainable agriculture production practices, supporting training approach development, facilitating economic diversification in cocoa farming communities, and effective and inclusive participatory governance for conserving forest and restoring degraded land in the landscapes;
- Facilitate community participation and mobilization for natural resource governance, technical project implementation; organize and facilitate community level training events on benefits of collective actions, sustainable farming management practices, diversification, etc.;
- Prepare for organizational strengthening and business skills training sessions with participating communities, and contribute to landscape project planning, strategic development and review activities and produce quarterly reports;
- Develop district level partners capacity and participate to their training on governance and production practices including productivity and climate modules;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance in meetings with local government and non-government institutions, conferences, and promotional events;
- Support project Monitoring &Evaluation reporting and technical delivery requirements;
- Provide input for the development of audio-visual and printed training and guidance material from project implementation for broader sharing; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.