The Rainforest Alliance is looking for a resourceful and results-oriented Senior Associate, Media Relations UK to join the Media Relations team within the Marketing & Communications Department. The Media Relations team focuses on earned media and thought leadership globally and consists of four staff.
The Senior Associate, Media Relations UK is responsible for promoting and protecting the Rainforest Alliance’s reputation in the media, increasing our visibility, amplifying thought leadership, and strengthening our positioning, through UK media relations.
• Develop and execute the UK media relations strategy, spearheading media outreach related to Rainforest Alliance news, opinions, and thought leadership;
• Conceptualize, draft, edit, proof-read, and deliver pitches, media advisories, opinion pieces, briefings, and other assets;
• Respond to and field media inquiries, including a rapid response function. Handle appropriate follow-up, often on a short deadline, including facilitating interviews with Rainforest Alliance representatives and preparing them for interviews;
• Monitor mentions in the news; keep relevant staff informed of how the organization is covered in the news; propose reactions/comments;
• Give input on the global media strategy and plan and support its implementation and execution, in close collaboration with the other Media Relations Associates and the Senior Manager Media Relations;
• Act as first point of contact for UK-based media outlets; build and maintain relations with key reporters and editors; anticipate and respond to PR opportunities;
• Position spokespeople at key thought leadership events and preparing them;
• Support the Corporate Reputation & Issue Management team in managing potential reputational risks if media are involved;
• Support the Rainforest Alliance’s social media strategy in the UK.