To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and engaging Senior Associate, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) who will be responsible for coordinating and carrying out a LandScale-based M&E and Performance Management Framework and activities in the RESTORE (Resilient Ecosystems and Sustainable Transformation of Rural Economies) project in Côte d’Ivoire. The Senior Associate M&E will support this project by working with Rainforest Alliance and Olam food ingredients (ofi) staffs, project partners, consultants, and stakeholders to build and manage sound M&E systems that improve understanding of the local context and tracks the project implementations and outcomes of interventions over time. This includes designing and evaluating implementation of project activities; training technical staff, project partners, and field consultants on M&E methods and tools; ensuring proper output and outcome indicator data collection, quality control, analysis, and management; and reporting on key findings. The position will also coordinate closely with other Rainforest Alliance units. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief of Party, with matrix reporting to the project advisory group.
- Use LandScale framework to develop and manage field-based project M&E systems methods, tools and processes, in coordination with the Chief of Party, colleagues and partners;
- Collaborate in the design and conduction of field-based baseline, mid-term, and end of project studies to understand needs, gaps, and opportunities for achieving rural development outcomes in the context of business and local community needs, and to assess the project´s contribution to such outcomes;
- Design and provide remote and in-country training and technical assistance to staff, project partners, and field consultants on M&E methods, tools and processes, ensuring M&E best practices;
- Lead a participatory process with community members, lead farmers and landscape actors to co-create, and troubleshoot a hybrid community monitoring (HCM) system, including methods, tools and processes, employing GIS and satellite imagery;
- Design and provide support, directly and remotely to actors of landscape governance bodies on M&E methods, tools and processes, ensuring M&E best practices;
- Implement and take responsibility for quality control procedures to ensure transparent, evidence-based M&E systems, based on reliable and timely field data collection, management and analysis, to generate and report high-quality output and outcome indicator values;
- Support Project Managers in maintaining updated project information in the Project Management Platform and SharePoint-based project sites;
- Support Project Managers in the preparation of quality and timely project performance technical reports as required by donors, as well as in the preparation of presentations to partners, and other Rainforest Alliance colleagues and departments;
- Ensure that Rainforest Alliance´s Key Performance Indicators are embedded in project design; and M&E best practices into the project; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.