The Senior Attorney is responsible for providing legal support for other aspects of the Conservancy’s programs and for interpreting and administering the Conservancy’s corporate policies and procedures as they apply to the Conservancy’s work. They may review organizational documents that have legal significance, offering opinions on modifications that will enhance the organization’s position legally. The Senior Attorney works as part of a team of attorneys, paralegals and support staff. This position may have supervisory responsibility for paralegals and may be asked to supervise other attorneys.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Assists in structuring activities to most effectively achieve Conservancy goals.
- Reviews organizational documents and prepares and examines documents and agreements, which may involve government grants, funding agreements, leases, licenses, purchases, sales, construction contracts, insurance, procurement of goods and services and real estate purchase/sales agreements, deeds and conservation easements. .
- Influences decision-makers in assigned programs through strong communication skills.
- Manages outside counsel effectively.
- May supervise and/or provide guidance to less experienced attorneys and/or paralegals and other support staff.
- Performs special projects as requested by department management.
- Serves as the primary legal contact for various clients.
- Travels occasionally; works long and/or flexible hours as needed.