Are you looking to support others in developing new and innovative campaigns on Biodiversity?
Greenpeace International is looking for 2 experienced Senior Campaign Strategists to support, co-ordinate, innovate in developing impactful campaigns on biodiversity in emerging economies on the continents of Africa, Asia & South and Central America.
The successful candidates may be based in a country where one of the independent national/regional Greenpeace organizations (NROs) is located (subject to agreement). Please find here the various locations.
This is an opportunity for a 12 months temporary contract, or for a secondment (details to be discussed and confirmed), either from another Greenpeace organization, or potentially from a like-minded organization, especially for candidates who have lived experience from the regions of Africa, Asia, South and Central America.
The salary and benefits for this role will be in line with the local compensation and benefits in the National/Regional Greenpeace Organisation where the successful candidate will be based.
The responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the realization of the Biodiversity strategy in order that Greenpeace achieves organizational goals and objectives as outlined in the Global Framework.
- Work in close partnership with our National/Regional Greenpeace Organisations and allies to identify strategic opportunities; provide mentorship, develop, co-create and innovate on campaigns which build people’s power, change attitudes and work towards systemic changes at the national and/or global level.
- Support and advise Greenpeace National & Regional Organisations through all phases of campaign/ project lifecycle – project pitching, development, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation in order to ensure campaigns deliver to its strategy and objectives. Promote a risk-taking approach in order to test new ideas and innovate.
- Bring the best knowledge within the area of expertise to Greenpeace network, foster innovation and encouraging examples and create opportunities for developing expertise within Greenpeace network.
- Monitor delivery of the campaigns around food, forest, encourage and share innovative ways and troubleshoot as needed to overcome challenges to implementation. Support evaluations, develop fast feedback loops to improve ongoing projects and increase responsiveness.
- Initiate, lead and manage relationships with influential thought leaders in particular related to food, forest, or biodiversity and represent Greenpeace network in different fora as appropriate.
- Build good working relationships with colleagues and partners within as well as outside of Greenpeace in order to represent Greenpeace’s interests and to realize effective collaboration and sharing of knowledge.