To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTABILITY FRAMEWORK INITIATIVE
The Accountability Framework initiative (AFi) is a collaborative effort, led by a diverse group of 25+ NGOs from around the world, to bring about a “new normal” of ethical supply chains that are protective of forests, other natural ecosystems, and human rights. Rainforest Alliance leads the secretariat (“Backbone Team”) for this initiative, providing strategy development, technical support, communications, coordination, and administration to support the work of the AFi’s coalition around the world. For more information, please visit: https://accountability-framework.org.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Senior Communications Associate for the Accountability Framework initiative. This position is part of the Advocacy & Themes team within Rainforest Alliance’s Global Engagement division. The Senior Communications Associate will contribute to the AFi communications program of work to build awareness of, support for, and adoption of the Accountability Framework as the premiere global reference for achieving ethical supply chains in the agriculture and forestry sectors. This includes highlighting the AFi’s value propositions and explaining how the Framework can be practically applied in a variety of contexts for the AFi’s key target users, which include companies engaged in commodity production and trade, industry groups, policy makers, and peer sustainability initiatives. The Senior Communications Associate will play a central role in managing the AFi’s social media, design and graphics, website, translations, and engagement analytics. They will also support other aspects of the AFi’s communications program, including content strategy, content production, and engagement with members of the AFi coalition to coordinate on messaging, strategy, and cross-promotion of relevant content.
- Develop and implement the AFi’s social media strategy – with a focus on the LinkedIn and Twitter platforms – including the development of social media and messaging toolkits and collaboration with AFi partner organizations to align and amplify key messages;
- Conduct research and draft content for AFi communications products, including newsletters, blogs, case studies, press releases, brochures, and user-friendly presentations of the Accountability Framework for specific audiences;
- Co-manage the AFi website, including content management, site updates, and ongoing maintenance via direct work through the website’s content management system (CMS) as well as coordination with IT vendors as needed;
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager on ideation, design and layout of communications products including infographics, reports, and other content;
- Develop micro-content for social media to compellingly convey key messages;
- Manage and enhance the AFi’s suite of engagement analytics to assess and continually improve the effectiveness of AFi’s communications mechanisms;
- Manage foreign language translation of AFi content and the dissemination of translated materials on the website and through other suitable channels;
- Support other AFi communications needs related to events, webinars, workshops, and engagement with the broader AFi coalition;
- Provide support for the effective functioning of the AFi communications team, e.g., processing invoices, organizing meetings, updating communications schedules, databases and archives, etc.; and
- Other duties, as assigned.