The Senior Corporate Engagement Advisor develops, implements, and coordinates corporate engagements that, by facilitating the integration of nature into business models, help direct private-sector economic, operational, and political influence in support of the Conservancy’s conservation goals. They develop and implement strategies for engaging companies; coordinate and conduct outreach to companies; manage and support specific corporate engagements; conduct analysis and contribute to the Corporate Engagement team’s functional priorities. They will work closely with members of the global Provide Food & Water team to advance the implementation of the Conservancy’s regenerative foodscape strategy and related activities, supporting corporate participation in on-the-ground projects, regional consortia, and innovative investment concepts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
• Develop relationships and work effectively with corporate and other external partners.
• Serve as relationship manager to specific corporations and support other engagements.
• Develop and implement corporate engagement strategies.
• Manage relationships and projects with minimal supervision.
• With a team, design and manage major meetings, including gatherings of corporate, government, and non-governmental representatives.
• Conduct research to inform the Corporate Engagement team’s functional strategy and activities.
• Prepare and present project proposals and negotiate with external parties.
• Persuasively convey the mission of TNC to diverse groups who are critical to the Conservancy’s overall strategies.
• Work in partnership with other organizations in a collaborative and advisory capacity.
• Develop constructive and effective working relationships inside and outside the Conservancy.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and external requirements.
• May supervise administrative and professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training and development.
• May include working within/managing a budget to complete projects, negotiating and contracting with vendors, assisting with budget development.