Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking a knowledgeable and strategically minded Senior Development Manager, to join our International Development Department.
This is a full-time position initially offered for 1 year, with a possibility of extension. The successful candidate may be based in a country where one of the independent national/regional Greenpeace organisations (NROs) is located (subject to agreement). Please find here the various locations.
The Senior Development Manager will liaise with National Regional Organisations (NROs) and advise the International Development Director and the GPI Management Team with the aim of keeping the global organisation together and stronger, aligned according to globally agreed strategic goals, while helping ensure the continual growth and development of individual NROs. S/he will also line manage, mentor and develop Development Manager(s) as needed.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to
- Contribute to the development of the overall Greenpeace organisational strategy by staying updated on relevant geopolitical developments and trends, seeing opportunities for new NROs or downsizing current NROs, and participating as needed in global projects spearheaded by the Development Department.
- Provide or coordinate expert advice to NROs’ Executive Directors and Senior Management Teams in developing their Three Year Strategic Plans and annual Organisational Development Plans, covering the full range of integrated functions within each NRO and ensuring they are aligned with the global organisation’s strategy.
- Monitor and help improve NROs’ performance against agreed strategic plans to identify challenges.
- Act as a mediator between different GPI units and decision-makers.
- Facilitate networking, knowledge sharing and best practices among NROs to improve alignments and opportunities for collaboration.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for any emerging or looming crisis in the specified NROs and be prepared to stand in as an interim leader or in a management capacity in order to resolve the crisis.
- Represent Greenpeace International at the NRO Boards and act as the primary point of contact for Board Chairs and Executive Directors in relation to governance matters.
- Mentor and train NRO leaders by actively contributing to the global leadership development programmes: organisational management, crisis management and resolution, programme integration, etc.
- Developing partner Development Manager(s) through objective setting, performance reviews, coaching, training and development.