The Sr. ETL / Data Warehouse Engineer leads the development of data warehousing solutions to power business intelligence at The Nature Conservancy. As a part of the Application Management and Analytics team, they will synthesize business requirements for conservation, operational and fundraising information, and create and implement solutions to integrate data from various enterprise systems.
This position analyzes the data needs of internal clients seeking business intelligence solutions and builds custom data sources and data models to address those needs. They gather and document requirements, design and improve data schemas, and build efficient and streamlined ETL processes. They enhance the performance of reports and dashboards by optimizing the underlying data structures. They collaborate with other IT staff to leverage their expertise in ensuring the reliability, accuracy, and performance of all custom data sources that feed the flow of business information at The Nature Conservancy. They will be responsible for designing and implementing these solutions in a creative, collaborative team environment. They operate and maintain TNC’s ETL and Warehouse systems, resolve incidents and process change requests.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
- Write code to build ETL processes to integrate information from various enterprise IT systems.
- Design and align data models based on business purpose (e.g.. analytics, self-service reporting, predictive modeling, etc.), focusing on flexibility, efficiency and eliminating redundancy.
- Conduct analyses of business or technical user needs, document requirements and design tailored data solutions.
- Monitor performance of ETL processes and build in redundancies to avoid risk of an information outage.
- Provide support and troubleshoot questions arising from report developers and business users of these data solutions.
- Adapt and/or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches.
- Assist in the development of data standards in compliance with IT best practices.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by being a part of our Business Unit!