The Senior HR Manager leads both strategic and tactical activities associated with key HR functions including performance management, employee relations and the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. The position supports a population of approximately exempt and non-exempt employees located in multiple states and has supervisory responsibility for one HR staff position.
- Manages Ocean Conservancy’s recruiting, staffing and retention activities to facilitate the hiring and retention of highly productive and effective staff at all levels; fosters practices and programs that embrace diversity among applicants and employees.
- Regularly upgrade and delivery the new hire orientation by planning and scheduling new hire activity with hiring managers and others involved in the onboarding process. Facilitates distribution, collection and filing of all required new hire paperwork and submission into HR Conducts 90-day check-ins with new hires to solicit feedback on the Ocean Conservancy onboarding experience, initial impressions of the organization, and opportunities for the organization to provide additional support. Provides summary of the new hire feedback in the form of a quarterly report.
- Develops and implements Human Resources policies and practices that support a healthy organizational culture; directs the implementation, interpretation and application of policies and practices to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
- Stays abreast of relevant developments and changes in employment law to ensure that Ocean Conservancy policies and practices are up to date and effective for all states in which OC employs staff.
- Resolves sensitive employee relations issues with the goal of promoting a positive work environment characterized by high employee morale.
- Directs the annual organization-wide performance evaluation process and promotions; provides ongoing coaching and counseling to Managers and staff regarding performance management. Makes recommendations to the Executive Team for pay increases based upon organizations’ compensation guidelines.
- Supports the organizational communications efforts related to Human Resources messaging, with a particular focus on content development for the organization’s (Fintranet) intranet. Keeps Fintranet HR site up to date with relevant HR information.
- Manages and addresses all requests for verification of employment for former and current employees to include governmental requests, mortgage loan, student loan forgiveness and employment requests. Responds to inquiries from state agencies and other external parties seeking data collection for industry surveys, or participation in mandatory compliance reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief People and Culture Officer