Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
- Active contribution to the climate finance portfolio, by working closely with investment teams throughout the investment cycle incl. business development, screening & eligibility assessments, due diligence, technical assistance design, and legal arrangements
- Monitoring of investments, particularly around environmental performance / impact monitoring
- Develop fund investment strategies and eligibility frameworks, including target themes, assessment methodologies, and alignment to international standards
- Draft and validate reports and memoranda, which serve as a basis for investment decisions and/or are shared with the Funds’ governance bodies.
- Independent research on markets, technologies and investment opportunities, maintaining awareness of the regulatory trends in target countries to support proactive business development and investment decisions
- Design and supervise technical assistance projects related to green finance and sustainability practices for investee companies (specifically financial institutions and corporates).
- Support the practical implementation of sustainable finance regulations and standards in investments and via investees.
- Review, as a first line of defense, investee standards and investments in terms of E&S risk management practices. Liaise with internal expert teams to appropriately assess, mitigate, and monitor risks as needed.
- Contribute to impact communication, reporting and disclosures. Contribute to strategic initiatives on green finance and sustainability topics, as well as internal capacity building.
What we expect:
- University degree in engineering, environmental science, development finance or a related field
- Experience working on sustainable finance related issues, preferably with financial institutions and/or corporate entities in emerging markets.
- In-depth knowledge and, ideally, applied experience in technical standards and green use of proceeds, such as renewable energy, energy and resource efficiency, sustainable agriculture, and natural capital investments.
- Exposure to applied sustainable finance regulation and standards, including ESG and sustainability risk
- Familiarity with E&S risk management practices in a financial institution or corporate setting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, balanced by a flexible, pragmatic, and solution-oriented approach
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of languages of Finance in Motion’s countries of operation is a plus
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 60 nationalities that is keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees