The Senior Policy Advisor furthers the work of The Nature Conservancy and its conservation partners through direct interaction with governments, multilateral agencies, and partners focusing on policy, practice, and funding initiatives that impact our conservation programs, particularly the design of financing strategies and policies to support implementation of the 30×30 commitments. Specifically, the Senior Policy Advisor:
- Provides expert advice and guidance to TNC country programs on the design of national biodiversity finance plans and strategies, in order to support TNC’s in-country biodiversity and climate priorities,
- Provides advice and guidance to TNC country programs, together with internal partners from TNC’s NatureVest and other teams, on conservation and climate finance options and opportunities to support specific TNC projects and programs;
- Supports TNC country programs and partners on the design and implementation of policy strategies to implement specific conservation and climate finance tools, mechanisms and policy frameworks;
- Supports TNC country programs and Global programs on the design of large-scale approaches and fundraising proposals for public and private funding to secure resources to implement conservation finance mechanisms and policy reforms;
- Provides leadership in external engagement with key partners, governments and international institutions on best practices for conservation and climate finance, in order to transfer innovative approaches into TNC and share TNC’s innovations with broader audiences;
- Influences international processes (e.g. UNCBD), bilateral and multilateral agencies and international organizations to advance and mainstream conservation finance practices and approaches in their funding and programmatic frameworks.
The Senior Policy Advisor (SPA) is a demonstrated expert in conservation finance practices, demonstrating extensive expertise on conservation finance planning methodologies, tools and policy frameworks. The SPA should have a proven track record of working with national and/or regional governments on the assessment, design and implementation of biodiversity finance plans and have excellent networking and coaching skills to support colleagues and officials in TNC country programs.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience designing, organizing, and directing complex projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!