E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) is a national nonpartisan organization of business leaders who advocate for policies that are good for the economy and ¬¬good for the environment. Our nearly 10,000 members have founded or funded more than 2,500 companies, created more than 600,000 jobs and control $100 billion+ in private and venture capital equity. Working with our business members, E2’s staff of federal and state advocates in every region of the country make the business and economic case for smart climate and clean energy policies. Founded in 2000, E2 is a project of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is a non-profit environmental advocacy organization. We use law, science, and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places and to ensure the rights of all people to clean air, clean water, and healthy communities. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America’s bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our staff of more than 700 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy advocates, communications experts, and others work across the United States and internationally from our offices in New York; Washington, D.C.; Chicago; Santa Monica; San Francisco; Bozeman, Montana; and Beijing.
E2 is seeking a senior program assistant to work in our San Francisco office to support E2’s events planning, advocacy, membership development and daily operations, primarily for our Western states work but also for our work in other states as well.
- Provide overall support for E2’s operations and administration, including scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence and communication documents, printing, filing, taking notes during meetings.
- Provide direct administrative support to E2’s executive director and E2’s Western States staff, including scheduling, correspondence, expense reports, research and other day-to-day operations.
- Work with E2 staff to manage and execute advocacy trips to Sacramento and elsewhere, including helping prepare meeting materials, schedule lawmaker meetings and on occasion represent E2 in meetings with lawmakers, public hearings and other official meetings.
- Help plan, lead and execute E2 events (virtual and in-person) and online webinars, working directly with members and volunteer directors of E2’s chapters in the West and elsewhere.
- Support E2 staff in identifying, recruit and engaging new members.
- Help with E2’s communications work, including social media, website updates, newsletters and communication with members.
- Help oversee management of E2’s membership database.
- Maintain an organized system for project documents and materials.