Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Are you a digital guru with a great social charm and a bonding personality? Are you a quick learner and a patient coach? Is problem solving a passion for you?
To help us achieve our ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature, we seek to hire a competent and highly motivated “Specialist, Fundraising & Digital Engagement”.
Work percentage: 100%
Contract type: Fixed term contract of 18 months
Mission of the Department:
The WWF Global Development Centre (GDC) supports, builds capacity, invests in, and helps initiate sustainable individual fundraising programmes to support income growth for WWF globally. The GDC focuses on all individual giving programmes such as small sum individual donors, digital, legacies, middle and major donor giving and is part of the Global Resource Mobilisation Team of the WWF International Secretariat.
Help WWF offices worldwide engage with donors and help achieve ambitious income targets. Provide technical expertise and strategic advice on existing and new fundraising programmes to WWF offices globally, as well as monitor performance of programmes, share learning and ensure WWF stays on top of developments in order to maximise our capacity to generate income. Contribute to initiatives to ensure we continually raise the bar and maximise income potential on WWF fundraising performance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help assigned WWF offices to assess their fundraising market and develop sustainable multichannel individual fundraising strategies;
- Set-up, support strengthen and monitor multichannel individual fundraising programs (digital/online is your main priority, but your role will also include telemarketing, DRTV, or F2F, etc) for assigned WWF offices;
- Financial forecasting / monitoring – supporting financial fundraising forecasts for various offices and channels;
- Advise on optimisation of channels, including offline (F2F, DRTV, events) and digital channels integration , search engine marketing and optimisation, mobile fundraising, email-fundraising and social networking such as Facebook/(re)targeting and segmentation;
- Managing complex projects with a variety of programs for several different WWF offices;
- Create and manage a thorough and regularly updated reporting/benchmarking system which tracks market trends and innovations in digital fundraising/marketing, as well as the existing digital habits within WWF to map out potential to maximise digital fundraising opportunities;
- Skill-sharing and best practice sharing network wide (workshops, knowledge centre) virtually and on location, including organising these workshops and conferences;
- Advise & coach fundraiser colleagues at various levels up to CEO on fundraising development;
- Support the GDC’s knowledge management by pro-actively gathering and dispersing of information regarding WWF activities in individual fundraising giving worldwide as well as identifying market trends globally;
- Work with the International Digital team on wider digital developments that could improve fundraising capabilities of WWF offices
- Working mostly virtually but there is travelling required to WWF offices.