As a member of the Federal Campaigns Team, the Senior Federal Climate Campaigns Advisor helps design, develop and implement comprehensive legislative and political influence campaigns to further the climate policy goals of The Nature Conservancy. These campaigns should include elements of grasstops stewardship, development of advocacy resources, strategic communications, policy engagement coordination across the organization, and advocacy event management. As such, the Senior Federal Climate Campaigns Advisor will work closely with, although not directly supervise, colleagues from across the organization.
The Senior Federal Climate Campaigns Advisor will support the team’s goals by serving as a liaison and informational contact between NAPGR, Global Conservation Campaigns, and the state chapters and coordinating with other policy and communications staff in the Conservancy. Working closely with TNC climate and energy policy experts, s/he will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams to develop and implement campaigns to advance TNC climate policy priorities and coordinate TNC advocacy efforts. S/he provides strategic advice on influencing the outcome of legislative and policy initiatives at the federal level. In collaboration with TNC state chapters, s/he will assist with recruiting, selecting, and managing local consulting firms to support TNC advocacy efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Project manage existing climate influence campaigns in 8 states.
- Manage campaign budgets to complete projects, negotiate and contract with external consultants and vendors, assist with budget development.
- Managing external consultants and consultant contracts
- Collaborate with TNC climate policy experts and communications staff to design and implement successful policy campaigns.
- Coordinate with TNC state chapters on federal climate policy initiatives and priorities for the Conservancy, including interfacing with other departments and senior leadership as appropriate.
- Help manage strategic relationship and coalition building efforts to advance the Conservancy’s US climate policy goals.
- Facilitate meetings and communicate professionally with a wide variety of people from different cultures.
- Ensure program compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- Ensure that the program complies with federal lobbying laws and regulations.
- Effectively direct and/or participate in complex negotiations.
- Develop constructive and effective working relationships inside and outside the Conservancy.