Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Chicago, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
This position provides legislative and administrative advocacy strategy development and implementation on environmental and related civil rights issue priorities for Earthjustice on broad issue areas that include cumulative impact analysis in federal decisions, environmental law enforcement activities, civil rights compliance and other issues as assigned by Supervisor.
Due to Covid-19, Earthjustice staff are currently working remotely from approved locations through January 18, 2022.
Advocacy Strategy Development and Implementation (50-60%)
- Develop and implement legislative and administrative advocacy strategies relating to assigned issues.
- Directly lobby Congress and the Administration
- Educate the Administration and Congress on key legal challenges and rulings
- Serve as spokesperson for Earthjustice on assigned issues
- Track legislation and policy initiatives relating to assigned issues
- Work with Legislative Director and the relevant litigators as warranted and other internal issue area experts to develop positions and strategies on relevant legislation and administrative actions.
- Develop lobby and education materials, including but not limited to fact sheets, letters, action alerts and blogs.
- Work with Communications Department to develop media strategies and conducts media outreach and the creation of social media, blogs and op-eds and other strategic communications tools on assigned issues
- Perform policy, legislative and legal analysis
- Plan and implement initiatives to educate the public and foster broader public advocacy for assigned issues
- Develop, maintain and expand trusting relationships with congressional and key administration staff