The Staff Accountant provides specialized finance/accounting-related services to multiple business units.
The Staff Accountant provides specialized services in accounting or similar financial activities for multiple business units. They are an expert in their area of specialization. They administer and maintain finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. This position will perform a variety of professional accounting duties such as monitoring accounts, preparing entries, gathering data, generating a variety of routine and ad hoc financial reports, reviewing projected budget versus actual performance, and conducting special analyses and projects. To identify, analyze, interpret and ensure appropriate recording of financial transactions. To advise and/or resolve difficult accounting problems for less experienced staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met.
- Perform a variety of accounting duties such as preparing and booking JEs, perform reconciliations, and conducting special analyses and projects. Identify, analyze, interpret and ensure appropriate recording of financial transactions.
- Gathers data and prepare schedules/reports for internal and external purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.