AICCRA is looking for a talented, creative and dynamic sustainable finance professional who is highly driven and has the skills and network required to tackle the most pressing challenges facing our food systems and related water and land systems. The Sustainable Finance Specialist will play a crucial role in supporting the implementation and growth of AICCRA sustainable finance work. This will include using sustainable finance to foster adoption of bundled Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) solutions (including bundled practices/technologies and climate information services) and providing guidance to countries’ led work in the 6 priority countries (Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Kenya, Ethiopia and Zambia).
- Support AICCRA to work with public and specifically private investors to develop and execute innovative strategies and investment solutions for sustainable food systems
- Design of financial mechanisms and delivery channels that can accelerate deployment of larger pools of private capital in sustainable and resilient food systems. This may include co-developing climate smart modules such as credit risk scoring tools, digital finance etc.
- Work with incubators/accelerators to identify a pipeline of commercially attractive business models (SMEs) to link with the investment solutions
- Provide capacity development advisory services to financial institutions, asset managers and SMEs in emerging markets. Services may include training and facilitation, market research and product design to rollout CSA/CIS solutions
- Develop, negotiate and execute new partnership deals with leading corporates, financial institutions and investors that promotes climate smart agriculture
- Manage and implement complex research assignments for clients. This will include collaborating with AICCRA scientists and technical experts to outline draft proposals, conduct complex analysis, and take responsibility for the deliverable of final high-quality work products
- Support the uptake at scale of the cutting-edge research and innovations generated by AICCRA and CGIAR
- Contribute to develop cutting-edge research on sustainable finance and ESG related issues for food systems
- Support project teams to disaggregate problems and provide innovative solutions
- Keep abreast of latest innovations on sustainable finance and sustainable food systems