The Talent Acquisition Specialist provides human resource support services in talent acquisition and employee capacity building. The position will report to the People Learning and Development Manager – Africa region. Possible locations will be Tanzania, South Africa, or Kenya, with preference being Nairobi – Kenya.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for administering and maintaining HR systems, programs, procedures and plans according to HR policies and will provide assistance to all levels of personnel on HR-related issues and requests within the TNC Africa Business Unit. This position provides support to the People Learning and Development manager and maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong customer service focus. Using their specialized knowledge, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will deal with customers with high level of maturity, tact, and diplomacy. Their key role is to oversee our full cycle recruiting processes and reinforce Africa Busines Unit’s policy on talent acquisition, assessment, and interviewing, which includes employee planning and sourcing processes, serve as the BU focal person on recruitments, onboarding and contracting. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will provide support into overall hiring strategy of the Business Unit to ensure our teams consist of a diverse set of qualified individuals. The role must provide excellent customer service, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results. The role will work closely with the worldwide Office talent acquisition team, training and development, and Global Safety and security teams to provide required HR support on youth safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Responds to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of aspects applicable to the subject area.
- Plan and implement Africa Business Unit talent acquisition based on annual Strategy plans
- Recruitment administrator for Job description development, posting, advertisements, interview schedules and reporting, reference checks, documentation, hiring & on-boarding, tracking recruitment and validation of hire information
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience
- Coordinate analysis of organizational skills development and anticipate future employment needs
- Coordinate and manage recruitment and selection processes and induct hiring managers on interviewing process
- Reviews employment application and background check reports to provide recruitment reports
- Manage Peoplesoft candidate pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities.
- Administer and submit all hiring paperwork for new employees in compliance with specific country requirements.
- Coordinate and ensure employment templates are reviewed promptly to comply with new country specific employment requirements.
- Generate monthly recruitment analysis and metrics reports as learning outcomes.
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding, PeopleSoft system set up and documentation.
- Serve as the new hire youth safety training and policy reinforcement.
- Serve as the Business Unit Liaison person for all WO office coordinated training programs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Perform all other human resources and administrative tasks deemed necessary for the smooth running of the human resources office.