To manage the development of sustainable value chains and increase the uptake and awareness of FSC by driving value chain strategy. Based on market intelligence, the incumbent develops and transforms value chains by targeting key players and collaborating with them to implement effective action plans.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To define Solid Wood Value Chains (Tropical Timber, Construction, Furniture) development strategy and goals.
- To map supply chain from forest area to consumer market.
- To initiate, drive and manage value chain development activities and the development of FSC action plans for priority value chains, in collaboration with relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate and produce value chain specific marketing and communication materials in collaboration with the responsible departments.
- To identify and manage external and internal communication channels with relevant value chains (e.g. events, campaigns, market news articles, intranet, customer relation management system).
- To manage the implementation and coordination of partnerships/ relationships between FSC and relevant value chain players.
- To coordinate key account relations across other FSC programs globally.
- To represent FSC at market related events.
- Additional Tasks as agreed with the Value Chain Development Programme Manager.