EWG is a nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Since 1993, EWG’s mission has been to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment.
We fight for the right of all Americans to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals. We do this by educating consumers about what chemicals lurk in their personal environment – including their water, food, personal care products and cleaners – and empowering them to fight for better products and policies.
What you will do
- Write, conceptualize, storyboard, produce, shoot, interview, direct, and edit video production work that supports EWG’s priorities.
- Project-manage, optimize, and execute video projects.
- Work with other departments to ensure that video content is tailored to the platforms and target audiences of the organization’s priority campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with EWG’s social media manager to understand platform trends and metrics in order to optimize video content for EWG’s social media audience.
- Measure the success of video content by monitoring and reviewing metrics. Use metrics to adapt future video content.
- Work with outside vendors to film interviews, B-roll and events that are not located in Washington, D.C.
- Work with EWG’s events team to create content for specific in-person and virtual events, including making recommendations about technologies to support live and pre-recorded remote shoots.
- Stay abreast of changing technologies, latest trends, software, standards, and best practices.
- Select video equipment necessary to take full advantage of EWG’s new in-office studio. Make recommendations as needed.