The Local Initiatives Coordinator (LIC) develops, manages and advances Wyoming’s local collaborative and outreach efforts to support our wildlife migration work through engagement with landowners, partner organizations, and use of TNC properties.
The LIC provides support to Wyoming’s wildlife migration program by working with local collaborative groups to address critical threats to wildlife migration and habitat. The LIC works with landowners and partner organizations to implement conservation strategies and promote private land conservation efforts, including habitat restoration, legal protections, and more. The LIC will plan and implement stewardship projects that support the migration program, including projects on TNC’s properties. The LIC will be responsible for fostering cooperation among conservation partnerships, developing relationships with landowners and community members to promote conservation opportunities, and coordinating community support. The LIC implements community outreach and educational strategies that effectively communicate The Nature Conservancy’s conservation messages and promote its conservation and community-involvement efforts.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
- Perform tasks with minimal supervision and make independent decisions based on analysis, experience and context.
- Serve as TNC’s representative on local initiatives in the Greater Yellowstone, including the Absaroka Fence Initiative, the Jackson Hole Land Trust Park County Program, and the East Yellowstone Collaborative.
- Work independently or as part of a team to develop grant proposals related to stewardship practices, wildlife research and outreach programs for local collaborative efforts, including efforts on TNC properties.
- May supervise technical, administrative and professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training and development.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
If you’re looking for a career where you can find meaning and purpose, come join our Chapter as the Local Initiatives Coordinator! Not only will you fulfil conservation objectives in the beautiful state of Wyoming, but you’ll contribute to conservation goals through many networks!
We’re looking for a passionate, dedicated person to work within our Chapter. Systems Leadership, creativity, and the ability to influence without authority are key in this role. Come join TNC and apply today!