Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Network (BES-Net) is hiring a Consultant to support the development/refining of the BES-Net Trialogue methodology and support its implementation.
Closely aligned with the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) areas of work and capacity building needs, the Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Network (BES-Net) a capacity sharing ‘network of networks’ that promotes dialogue between science, policy and practice for more effective management of biodiversity and ecosystems, contributing to long-term human well-being and sustainable development.
As a signature product of UNDP’s work in biodiversity and ecosystems, BES-Net harnesses its capacity building expertise at country-level, capitalizes on the accumulated knowledge of best practices and challenges in the field, and brings practitioners into the science-policy arena.
BES-Net is supported by face-to-face capacity building activities (the BES-Net “Trialogues”), a matchmaking facility, and a cutting-edge web portal, all components being mutually reinforcing.
The BES-Net Trialogues Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Refining/developing the methodology for the BES-Net Trialogues;
- Reviewing, enriching and updating the global desk study and its analysis report using other global best practices and methodologies
- Facilitating the development and framing of standard agendas and methodologies for the different (proposed) formats of the BES-Net Trialogues;
- Finalizing the BES-Net Facilitators Check List and Toolkit;
- Developing a Trialogue briefing pack for local facilitators and speakers;
- Supporting the organization, facilitation and management of the BES- Net Trialogues;
- Recommending the methodology of evaluating and monitoring the Trialogues and their capacity building impact;
- Developing a global roaster of Trialogue Facilitators.
Interested and qualified International Individual consultants should submit their applications before the 13th October 2016, which should include the following
- Personal History Form (P11) – Template Provided (see link below);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- IC Proposal form – Template Provided (see link below).