On 9 March 2022 (1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. GMT), this webinar in the Sustainable Infrastructure: Putting Principle into Practice series will explore Principle #9: Transparent, Inclusive, and Participatory Decision-Making from UNEP’s International Good Practice Principles for Sustainable Infrastructure.
On the second Wednesday of every month, join a 75-minute discussion to:
- Exchange state-of-the-art knowledge on how to plan and build sustainable infrastructure;
- Participate in an interactive forum to learn from other practitioners as they present case studies, including best practices and pitfalls; and
- Connect with a community of individuals and organizations engaged in the sustainable infrastructure sphere.
Technical and case study presentations will focus on one of ten principles from UNEP’s International Good Practice Principles for Sustainable Infrastructure:
- Strategic Planning
- Responsive, Resilient, and Flexible Service Provision
- Comprehensive Lifecycle Assessment of Sustainability
- Avoiding Environmental Impacts and Investing in Nature
- Resource Efficiency and Circularity
- Equity, Inclusiveness, and Empowerment
- Enhancing Economic Benefits
- Fiscal Sustainability and Innovative Financing
- Transparent, Inclusive, and Participatory Decision-Making
- Evidence-Based Decision-Making
The presentations and discussions will be interdisciplinary and cross-cutting. We invite experts and practitioners from all geographies and professions (engineering firms, government agencies, financial institutions, civil society organizations, academia) to learn with us and share knowledge and experiences.